Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Introducing Jack fruit!

      The interdiction of Jack fruit has been very successful in Central African Republic. It is both a fast growing tree, and produces a lot of fruit. Since everyone loves to eat the fruit, and they grow just about anywhere they are planted, it is common to see jack fruit trees in villages and peoples gardens in and around Gamboula. Roy has been working for year to promote many varieties of jack fruit, and while I was there I was able to help with this.  

              I filmed this little clip talking about jack fruit in CAR while I was there, but did not have fast enough internet to upload it. Now that I am back in the States, I have been able to do that. 



             One day I harvested 16 fruit from the tree out side my house! Lucky for me I was able to find a few friends to help me eat them.